New guy from Down Under

Hitchy77

New guy from Down Under

Post by Hitchy77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi All,

My name is Hitchy and I'm not related Mick Dundee, but I did meet him once! LOL

I have a 1976 Mitsubishi / Chrysler Galant Rally Car and for last 15 years I have been running the original 1600cc 4g32 Saturn engine with all the normal mods. I run a pretty comprehensive Facebook page on the car, with build photos and competition updates @ 'Team Mexico Rally Team', please feel free to look it up and check it out.

I recently purchased a Non-Balance Shaft early 4g52 that I'm now building as a replacement for the original motor and need some advice. These engines in Australia are as rare as rocking horse poo and very few people here know much about them let alone know they exist. Hoping you guys can help.

The engine is basically complete but I am missing a flywheel and crank pulley, so looking to purchase if anybody has them spare. I am also considering fitting the appropriate 4g54 2.6 crank to it and to give it a boost in displacement out to 2.4 litre. Has anybody done this or have any feedback on this idea? Would also be keen one of these cranks if, again someone has one available. None of the Australian 2.6's have the right size crank main journals as the early 52's and 54's, so I need one with 66mm main journals, the Aussie ones have 60mm journals.

Looking to forward to contributing to the forum.

Cheers, Hitchy

Sideways

Re: New guy from Down Under

Post by Sideways » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:48 am

Glad to see you stumbled in here mate :D
Charlie (Old Colt) is the resident guru and will no doubt turn up at some point with some excellent info/advice.
Post up some pics of your beast in the race/rally thread.
S
Good drivers have dead bugs on the side windows!

Raptorreed

Re: New guy from Down Under

Post by Raptorreed » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:58 am

Adam isn't on here anymore, but his Rally Lancer (LB) ran a destroked 4g54 narrowblock with a 4d55 crankshaft in it to achieve the 2.4l displacement.
Tim
76 Colt Galant Coupe
79 Colt Wagon
88 Starquest
92 Galant VR-4
98 Montero