'76 Dodge Colt AT

clintonrmc

'76 Dodge Colt AT

Post by clintonrmc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Hello everybody!

My name is Clinton. I know, I'm not very original with the username. Anyhow, My fiance and I moved from Arizona to Georgia. While visiting to find a place to live my fiance found this little green guy on craigslist. (She loves green) It was an hour and a half south of atlanta so we rented a uhaul and a trailer and headed south! We dropped it off at a storage unit and eventually moved it to a house we started to rent a few weeks later.

Fast forward a bit... I cleaned the heck out of the carb but it had been full of water/old gas for quite a while. Cut my losses and ordered a new one on ebay. It showed up a month or so later but was swiped by a group of porch bandits. Got the replacement and had to change out the linkage. Lots of problems here. I'm a dummy and never assembled it correctly so the second port wont open with the throttle. To further the issue, the PO had installed an electric fuel pump with so much pressure that it forced the float down and dumped fuel down the barrels. Solution? Probably not hook up the old mech pump, right? No. I got myself a shiny new fuel regulator and that seems to have fixed that problem. Now it's having a hard time starting. Cut my losses and ordered a Weber 32/36. :D

Thanks to the help of a very kind member of the forum I was able to source a passenger side chrome bezel and side marker on the front. I detailed it today and took note of the cancer running through it. Typical window sills, below the license plate and tail lights, trunk, and that place above the firewall where the wiper motor hangs out. There will probably more than I've seen so far.

Well, there it is. The last year. Now it's sitting in the "good spot" in the driveway. Staring me down whenever I go outside. I'm starting to like this car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mitsuman

Re: '76 Dodge Colt AT

Post by mitsuman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 am

Welcome to the forum.
I'm glad to see some love for the sedan version of the 2G Colt.
There aren't many of these left. Hang on to it!
Greg
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
http://www.mitsus.org

Active fleet:
2000 Nissan Maxima SE
1978 Dodge Colt coupe ("Volga")
1982 Plymouth Sapporo

* Any advice provided is primarily in the context of U.S. market vehicles.

brokenarrow

Re: '76 Dodge Colt AT

Post by brokenarrow » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:41 am

Hi Clinton, Sounds like you had a rough start ! These little guys run forever with a little TLC. Welcome.
Arch
77 Arrow GT